Voltage SecureMail Chrome Extension – Quick Start Guide
To install the Voltage SecureMail Chrome Extension Click here
Voltage SecureMail Chrome Extension
- How to register user
- How to send secure email
- See the recipient experience
- User Data Policy
Quickstart Guide for Administrators
To register user needs to accept the Google OAuth permissions after which user will be propmted with product registration form
Registration form to enter user details
Sending Secure Email
Sending secure email is easy – just compose your message, add recipients and press the ‘Send Secure’ button in Gmail. The email will be encrypted and sent to recipients with your digital signature incorporated in the message.
Receiving Secure Email
With the Voltage SecureMail Chrome Extension, to decrypt an email just click on decrypt button.
The digital signature identifies the sender of the email and protects the recipient against spoofing. Any message with an invalid signature will automatically bring up an alert to the end user.
If a key is required to decrypt the message, you may be prompted to authenticate yourself. Once you have authenticated, the secure email will decrypt and reveal the contents.
The decrypted secure email will be presented to you in your web browser over a secure SSL connection.
The digital signature identifies the sender of the email and protects the recipient against spoofing. Any message with an invalid signature will show an alert.
User Data Policy
For us, “User Data” means:
- Information which identifies you, like your name or email address; or
- A combination of several pieces of information which couldn’t identify you on their own, but which we believe would be sufficient to identify you when combined.
User Data We Process & How We Use It:
- We collect your email and name during product registration.
- We read the product registration and user verification email sent from our servers on user’s device to successfully verify user’s identity.
- We do not store and share any of your emails and your data with respect to your Google account.
Voltage SecureMail Chrome Extension adheres to Google API Services User Data Policy, for all the data received from Google APIs, including the Limited Use requirements.