Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Support
- Getting started with Voltage SecureMail Cloud
- How does Voltage SecureMail Cloud work?
- How do I open a secure email?
- How to create and send new secure emails with Voltage SecureMail?
- Account details for your Voltage SecureMail
- What is Voltage Zero Download Manager (ZDM)?
- How to reset your password?
- Can I still use my own email software and account?
- Can I send secure email without Outlook or Outlook Express?
- Do my recipients need to install software?
- I have not received my activation/verification email, what do I do?
- Can I revoke/remove access to a secure email after it’s been sent?
- My account is locked, what do I do?
- Where is my encrypted data stored?
- How do I get my own domain and logo?
- Can large enterprises use Voltage SecureMail Cloud?
- Quick start
- Download Software
- Voltage Admin Center
- How do I renew?
- How do I add more licenses/users?
- How do I delete my account?
- What mobile devices/platforms are supported by Voltage SecureMail Mobile Edition?
- How do I register for Voltage SecureMail Mobile Edition Free Trial?
- How do I read encrypted emails on mobile?
- How do I send new encrypted emails with Voltage SecureMail Mobile Edition?
- How to open attachments?
- How do I add an attachment?
Payment and Licensing
- How many licenses do I need?
- Do I need to worry about regulatory compliance with my email?
- Tax exemption
- Education discounts
Security and Privacy
- Why do I need to encrypt my emails and files?
- What makes VSN different from other encryption solutions?
- How can I be sure that no one else see the content of my messages?
- Can IT managers or my ISP see my email?
Contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Create an account on the Voltage SecureMail Cloud, download and install the plug-in or use the Zero Download Messenger and you will be sending secure email and encrypting files to anyone you wish in minutes.
Click here to start a Free Trial. Once your trial expires you will have the opportunity to purchase.
Click Here to Download Voltage SecureMail software.
Voltage SecureMail Cloud supports the following environments: Microsoft Outlook 2010-2019 including Office 365 on Microsoft Windows 8-10 as well as Apple iOS v9.0 or later and Android v5.0 mobile devices.
The Voltage SecureMail Cloud is based on the same technology as Voltage Security Data Security’s flagship desktop product Voltage SecureMail. The only difference is that it’s a hosted service, so Voltage SecureMail provides the hardware and server software infrastructure needed to support the system.
You can open your secure email with our email Outlook plugin Voltage Encryption Client (VEC) and our Mobile app. If you do not have any clients installed then you can use our SecureMail web interface called Zero Download Messenger (ZDM). With the VEC SecureMail software, the decryption process for incoming secure messages happens automatically. Each secure email received also has a digital signature that is displayed with each decrypted message in Outlook. With ZDM, Recipients will see a message in their Inbox with an attachment “message_zdm.html”, by opening the HTML attachment and authenticating yourself, you will be able to access your secure email and any attachments
You can send secure emails with our clients, Outlook Voltage Encryption Client (VEC) and our iOS or Android Mobile app. Sending secure email from your desktop or laptop is easy – just compose your message in Outlook, add recipients and press the ‘Send Secure’ button. The email will be encrypted and sent to recipients with your digital signature incorporated in the message for additional proof of sender.
For SecureMail mobile app see “HOW DO I READ ENCRYPTED EMAILS ON MOBILE” on this page.
If you do not use a client then you can use SecureMail web interface our Zero Download Messenger (ZDM). Open a browser and enter “https://voltage-ps-0000.vsn.voltage.com/writer/br/Voltage” or Click Here
Your SecureMail account can be accessed HERE
With your Standard Voltage SecureMail account you can purchase additional licenses, activate and renew users before or after expiration.
The Zero Download Messenger (ZDM) is an interface that allows subscribers to initiate secure email without the need to install Voltage SecureMail Cloud software. It also allows your recipients to read your secure email and reply securely. The ZDM is not a web mail system and does not store/archive any secure email. Messages will only be stored in your sent folder and recipient’s inbox. How does it work? When clicking on the “Read Message” button, recipients use their browser to post the encrypted content to the Voltage cloud temporarily. Voltage then authenticates the recipient, decrypts the message in memory and displays it back to the recipient via a secure browser session. When the secure browser session is ended, the message will no longer be in server memory. The Zero Download Messenger requires that users log in each time they access the system and the secure session will timeout after a short amount of time for security purposes. Go to the Zero Download Messenger, click the “Compose” button and send an encrypted message. Tip: If you initiate secure email, click “Copy Me” to send a copy of the message to yourself for your own records.
You can login to ZDM interface HERE then after entering your email address choose “Forgot Password” to reset the password.
The Voltage SecureMail Cloud has a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, and it works with all standard email accounts. When you download and install the Voltage SecureMail plug-in you’ll get a “Send Secure” button added to your Outlook (or Outlook Express) interface. To send encrypted email, simply press the button. People using Mac OS X, Linux and other platforms can use the Voltage SecureMail Zero Download Messenger (ZDM) to encrypt email to anyone. If you would like the Voltage SecureMail Cloud to support other email software or platforms, please send your suggestions to email@example.com
Yes! If you don’t use Outlook or Outlook Express, you can simply log into the Voltage SecureMail Cloud and initiate secure email with the Zero Download Messenger(ZDM) and ANY fully functional browser on ANY platform!
Go to the Zero Download Messenger HERE, click the “Compose” button and send an encrypted message
No they can use Voltage Zero Download Messenger (ZDM) HERE
If you have not received your activation email then first check your Spam Folder from emails from “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Please give anywhere up to 15 mins and if you still haven’t received anything Contact email@example.com
Currently there is no way to revoke the access for the secure email after it has been sent.
Voltage SecureMail does not store any of your data, your email encrypted data is stored in your Exchange.
To get your own domain and logo you can switch to an Enterprise customer license which provides branding and localization. To get more information click Here
Yes. Outsourcing has become a common requirement for large organizations and the Voltage SecureMail Cloud is the perfect solution to meet this need. “Enterprise Edition” gives an enterprise a unique cryptographic master key and custom branding, policies and configuration that provides the versatility inherent in Voltage Identity Based Encryption (IBE). Voltage also offers Enterprise Edition customers the option of using the Voltage SecureMail Connected Gateway, to enable policy-based encryption as email is sent to external recipients.
Click Here for a quick start guide
You will find the software download page Here
Click Here to login to your admin center.
Login to your Voltage SecureMail Admin console using https://voltage-pp-0000.vsn.voltage.com/vsnlogin/ or click HERE enter your email address and then yon the next page your password, you will then be able to renew your licenses. In addition you can also get email notification which will also have the link to renew the licenses. We also support auto-renewal to avoid manual renewal.
Login to your Voltage SecureMail Admin console using https://voltage-pp-0000.vsn.voltage.com/vsnlogin/ or click HERE. Here you will be buy more licenses for your additional users as well as then add those users via the User section.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. with you account details and request
iOS v9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Android v5.0 and up.
To register for free trial use link: https://voltage.com/products/email-security/micro-focus-securemail-cloud/mobile-free-trial/ and complete the registration process and start using mobile app.
Apple iOS Instructions
- From the iOS Mail application on your device, tap a secure message to open it and scroll to the bottom of the message and press (do not tap) the message_zdm.html attachment.
- Tap Open in Voltage Mail, once the app opens verify the domain in the Security Information message if one displays, then click Continue.
- If you have more than one account, tap to select the email address to which the message was sent from the Account List. Note: If you have received the message as a member of a group or list, tap the group or list.
- If prompted, enter your Voltage SecureMail username, then enter your Voltage SecureMail password. Additionally, if your organization requires, answer the security question.
- Tap Sign In or Continue, depending your organization. If you tapped Sign In, proceed to Step 8.
- If you tapped Continue, a message displays instructing you to return to your Inbox. Perform the following:
- In the Inbox on your device, tap the Account Verification message to open it.
- Tap the link in the verification email to verify your email account.
- Return to the Voltage SecureMail Mobile application.
- Enter your password, and tap Sign In.
- The decrypted message displays. If the message includes an attachment, you can tap the attachment to open and read it.
- Message displays. If the message includes an attachment, you can tap the attachment to open and read it.
- Tap a secure message in your inbox.
- Tap the message_zdm.html attachment.
- If you are not already logged into the app, you are prompted to enter your passcode for the Voltage SecureMail Mobile app.
- Tap OK.
- If you are not already logged into your Voltage SecureMail account, you are prompted to enter your login information, including your Voltage SecureMail password.
- Tap Sign in.
Apple iOS steps
- On the Home screen of the Voltage SecureMail Mobile application, tap the Compose icon to display the New Secure Message screen.
- Enter the recipients, subject and message.
- Note: You must include at least one recipient and either a subject or a message body in order to send the message. The Send Secure button is disabled until you enter the minimum required information.
- Tap Send Secure.
- Perform one of the following:
- Tap the Menu icon, then tap Compose.
- Tap the Compose Message icon on the menu bar.
- Enter the recipients, subject, and message.
- Tap the Menu icon, then tap Send secure.
apple iOS steps
- Decrypt secure mail which contain attachment
- Tap on attachment
- Application will preview attachment in application.
- Decrypt secure mail which contain attachment
- Tap on attachment
- If the file is an image or HTML file, it opens within the Voltage SecureMail app. If it is another file type, you are prompted to open it in an external application.
- Attach a local file using Voltage SecureMail Mobile
- Open a Compose, Reply, or Reply All screen in Voltage SecureMail Mobile.
- Tap the attachment icon (paperclip) in the Subject line.
- Tap Add Attachment option from the popup. Voltage SecureMail Mobile opens the Files app.
- Tap on any file to attach it to the secure message.
- Attach a file in cloud storage using Files app
- Open the Files app and tap on any cloud storage app such as iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, or One Drive.
- Open or select a file from any of the cloud storage app.
- Tap Share.
- Voltage SecureMail Mobile is visible in share list.
- Tap on Voltage SecureMail Mobile. The file is added in a new compose screen as an attachment.
- Open a cloud app such as Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive or device storage.
- Open or select any file to share.
- Tap Share.
- Voltage SecureMail application is visible in share list.
- Tap on the Voltage SecureMail app. File is added in the compose screen as an attachment.
Voltage SecureFile allows users to transparently secure files on portals and intranets. With just a single click, sensitive business documents that contain patient health information, financial statements or intellectual property can be easily secured to authorized recipients. Once secured, these documents can be exchanged via email, portals and FTP, or stored locally on a desktop or USB token. With the file secured by Voltage SecureFile, the information is always protected no matter where the document travels.
You will need a separate license for each email address you want to use with the Voltage SecureMail Cloud service.
Most likely you do, especially if you use email to transmit sensitive data such as personally identifiable health information or financial data such as compensation information. We should note that the ability to conduct business electronically while ensuring compliance with regulations such as GLBA and HIPAA is not just about avoiding liability. In fact, it opens a number of business opportunities by fostering faster, lower-cost client and patient communication, and doing away with courier expenses. For clinicians, attorneys, financial consultants and many other professionals, this kind of secure communications channel can add value in many ways-especially when the encrypted email service is easy to use.
If they do this online then they need to submit an email to email@example.com attaching their tax-exempt documents, after which (if approved) the sales tax will be refunded.
For more details regarding the VAT/Sales tax rights and regulations in the international law please visit: https://knowledgecenter.2checkout.com/Documentation/03Billing_and_payments/Payment_operations/Tax_regulations.
Email and file encryption are a proven approach to protecting sensitive information. In many cases encryption is necessary to ensure you are protecting client or patient information, in other cases because you need to protect intellectual property or other information that is confidential. Aside from the security and confidentiality concerns of using email in day-to-day business, email and file encryption is being adopted by growing numbers of users because of compliance issues. Specifically, legislation such as Sarbanes-Oxleyand the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) have imposed stringent rules on the ways in which personal financial data and health information can be transmitted and shared. Firms failing to comply with these laws face severe sanctions and fines. In addition, the European Union and other international bodies have enacted privacy legislation that is affecting firms doing business overseas. For these reasons a secure email and file capability is now an essential tool for doing business at most publicly traded companies, firms providing health care or financial services, insurance companies, and the professional firms servicing these industries.
Voltage Security – Data Security encryption products are so much easier to use than conventional encryption products because they are based on the breakthrough technology known as Identity-Based Encryption. With this technology, the Voltage SecureMail Cloud provides the most transparent experience for end users. Sending a secure encrypted email is as simple as clicking a button, and messages can be read anywhere, anytime through a browser-based interface. The Voltage SecureMail Cloud also doesn’t have the overhead or risks of a webmail system. No messages are stored on the service, so you and your recipients have complete control over all secure content.
The Voltage SecureMail Cloud is a true point-to-point encryption service for email. This means that once you have encrypted a message, it remains unreadable until it is received and decrypted by the intended recipient.
No. Not even your IT department or ISP will be able to access your messages. Which is why the Voltage SecureMail Cloud is so valuable to executives and professionals working on sensitive business matters such as mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiations, new product development or human resource issues.